September 29, 2014

"The Crew" Page #4

WARNING: The Following is a Continuing Story Arc, And May End in a Cliffhanger:


That day in math was uneventful… at least I think it was… I wasn’t really paying attention to the teacher. Not that that wasn’t usual for me, or the entire class for that matter. I just couldn’t stop thinking about the squirrel. It was so strange… Where could it have come fr-
“Hey Jack.”
That’s when I lost track of that thought.
“Hey Brooke,” I said shyly.
“Do you know what Mrs. Hetrick is talking about? I’ve kind of been zoning out,” she said through a light blush.
“No, sorry, I’ve been thinking about stuff…”
“Okay, I’ll just ask Luke then…”
“No don’t!” I blurted out of nowhere. Luke also had a crush on Brooklyn. I knew by the glance he gave her every now and then. This alone didn’t make me nervous; it was the glance that she returned to him.
“Why don’t you ask Sami? She’s closer,” I suggested. I knew Sami was paying attention. What squirrels could she possibly be zoning out over?
“Okay then…” she said, as she turned to Sami, “Hey, are you Sami?” and that was the beginning of Brooke and Sami’s long lasting friendship.
Ah, Brooklyn. Her beauty was only matched by her sweet yet shy personality.

“Hey you, Jack, What’s the solution to this equation?” asked Mrs. Hetrick, interrupting my fantasizing of Brooke.
“Umm, 2. No 4!”
“Close… it’s actually 1/2B².”

“Oh sorry… forgot to carry the one…”



No comments :

Post a Comment