October 2, 2014

"The Crew" Page #5

WARNING: The Following is a Continuing Story Arc, and May End in a Cliffhanger:


“Have you been paying attention at all?”
“I am shocked, Mrs. Hetrick! Appalled even.”
“What lesson am I teaching?”
“Okay you got me there…”
“Get out of my classroom, Jack,” she said calmly.

As I pathetically walked out of that classroom, I wandered over to the computer lab a few classrooms over, which was conveniently unlocked. I quickly scurried to the furthest computer in the dark room. The only thing guiding my steps were the glowing power-buttons of the cheap, malfunctioning computers.
My blinded journey to the furthest row (there were like 6 rows of 4 computers in each… it was a very small computer lab) was finally completed. As I sat down in the worn out “wheelie-chair,” I quickly logged into the student account with the generic “student@101” password. In a flash of slight head turning, I checked the time. 2:40; still 20 minutes left.
I double-clicked Google Chrome and typed in: www.skillsandpotions.com. It sent me to a sketchy looking website, and the font they used was none other than the epitome of repulsive fonts: papyrus. I freaking hate papyrus! What if I typed the rest of the story with papyrus? That would suck, right? The website wa- sorry, the font was stuck on papyrus. Won't happen again. So anyways, the website was accompanied by a boastful slogan, bragging about their “largest wizarding community in North America.” It didn’t look like there was much competition in that department.
As I scrolled through the categories of “spells” listed on the website, one caught my eye: Love Spells. I clicked the link, which sent to an even larger list of subcategories. Commitment Spells; no, Erotic Spells; not what I’m looking for, Sexual Spells; god, wizards are pervs! Ah, here we go: Attraction Spells!

I clicked “Attraction Spells” and found myself at the beginning of a very long list of user submitted “spells”. I clicked the first spell, which was titled, “Love Potion N.9,” an obvious reference to the 1992 romantic comedy starring Sandra Bullock. I printed it out proceeded to wait for the fastest printer the school could afford… Sadly the school couldn't afford much.




No comments :

Post a Comment